Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris

What browser addons are a must have?

Hey guys,

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread in which we share our absolute must have browser addons that add a great benefit to our daily use of the internet :)

To start off with I'm going to put forward a couple of addons I can no longer live without, all my posts will be relating to google chrome please post what browser your addon relates too, maybe we can compile a list for the alternatives in other browsers as well.

The addons I find it hard to live without are Tab Suspender, this frees up system resources by suspending tabs that aren't in use. Another must have is some form of AdBlock, removes all those pesky ads that you see on websites that aren't all that related to the website you are browsing. 

Don't really have any 'must haves' apart from AdBlock really. Ad's don't annoy me that much really apart from on YouTube, definitely can't live with having to wait a whole minute before watching each and every YouTube video I see :P

Other than that Qmee is quite good, it basically displays paid for suggestions based on what you search, if you pick one then it puts a certain amount into your account depending on the ad. Takes ages to build when you have some in your account you can choose to either withdraw it, or it also lets you donate to charity which is quite good.

I have seen Qmee mentioned before online. Would you say it is worth getting?

Well, it's not going to make you rich or anything... if you've got the patience then it can get up to £5+ but it takes ages. I usually just let it build up and send it to a charity. More than happy to be bombarded with ads each time I make a Google search if the money from it goes to a good place :P Also it doesn't really get in the way much either, it will only show up in search engines if you search for certain things, when it does show up it is just a side bar - doesn't get in the way or anything. 

I'm running Google Chrome with the following extensions:

• uBlock - a lightweight ad blocker
  • Friends Feed - hides all the junk that you see on Facebook e.g. people's likes, comments etc
  • HoverZoom+ - lets you preview images in a popup/without actually having to open the image/gif
  • Magic Actions for YouTube

Important Information

By continuing to use JR, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.