Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnioNovus

Various Issues

Question

Hello,

I have various issues that I am at a loss of solving. There are two man issues. The first being with general FPS on minecraft and the second with Civilization 5 on steam.

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5742G-6600 (intel i5-480m, 15.6" LCD LED, Nvidia Geforce GT 540m, 8gb DDR3 memory [i have updated this from the original 4gb])

Minecraft

Ever since I updated various programs on my computer, I have experienced issues in Minecraft. My fps is no longer consistent and I will go anywhere from 60-40 fps to 0-5 fps and then hover there. Furthermore, when on higher fps's I get what seems to be frame stuttering / shuttering. When I first experienced issues I had updated 1) windows 2) java 3) nvidia drivers. I have gone back and messed about with java version (between 7 and 8) and with nvidia drivers. Nothing there seems to help. I cannot help but to think it was due to updating windows. I have kept windows up to date but still to no success. Any other ideas?

Civilization 5

I have read about a few others having some issues, but it didn't seem that anyone could come up with any resolutions to the issue. As I am playing (either a new game or a loaded one) civilization 5, at random inconsistent times (only happens after hitting the end turn button) the game will quit responding and be forced stopped. Not for sure what to do here either. I have used steam to verify my files and there was nothing. I have gone into my saves and cleared everything (including and auto-saves that I could come across). Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Take care, have fun, and game on!

-AnioNovus

EDIT: After no response, I am assuming that everyone is as clueless as I am in trying to figure this out if solving ideas were attempted. Consider this question null (I will leave it up in case anyone has any inspiration as to what I may try next) and I will just have to wait a few years or more till I get a capable computer.

Edited by AnioNovus

3 answers to this question

On 7/19/2015 at 3:25 AM, AnioNovus said:

Hello,

I have various issues that I am at a loss of solving. There are two man issues. The first being with general FPS on minecraft and the second with Civilization 5 on steam.

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5742G-6600 (intel i5-480m, 15.6" LCD LED, Nvidia Geforce GT 540m, 8gb DDR3 memory [i have updated this from the original 4gb])

Minecraft

Ever since I updated various programs on my computer, I have experienced issues in Minecraft. My fps is no longer consistent and I will go anywhere from 60-40 fps to 0-5 fps and then hover there. Furthermore, when on higher fps's I get what seems to be frame stuttering / shuttering. When I first experienced issues I had updated 1) windows 2) java 3) nvidia drivers. I have gone back and messed about with java version (between 7 and 8) and with nvidia drivers. Nothing there seems to help. I cannot help but to think it was due to updating windows. I have kept windows up to date but still to no success. Any other ideas?

Civilization 5

I have read about a few others having some issues, but it didn't seem that anyone could come up with any resolutions to the issue. As I am playing (either a new game or a loaded one) civilization 5, at random inconsistent times (only happens after hitting the end turn button) the game will quit responding and be forced stopped. Not for sure what to do here either. I have used steam to verify my files and there was nothing. I have gone into my saves and cleared everything (including and auto-saves that I could come across). Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,

-AnioNovus

EDIT: After no response, I am assuming that everyone is as clueless as I am in trying to figure this out if solving ideas were attempted. Consider this question null (I will leave it up in case anyone has any inspiration as to what I may try next) and I will just have to wait a few years or more till I get a capable computer.

I never saw this topic. Sorry anio :( Did you get a new computer yet??

Jamie

Good evening,

This was such a long time ago, I cannot remember what I did to fix it, but a little after that, my laptop got to the point to where it overheats (need to tear everything out and re thermal paste everything and clean fan) to where I could cook on it.

I have built a new computer as well around this time last year.

Hope all is well.

-Anio