Flaw

How did you find JR?

Recommended Posts

I remember my first time on the server! My friend @Zolacolor had brought me over along with two friends, and we were messing around on the creative server. It was an open-world creative server back then, none of the plot stuff :P 

I remember sticking around a bit on the forums, and when I started making friends on the server and creating projects (like my arcade <3 ), and I guess I just enjoyed talking with people here! It really helped to have multiple friends that came on with me though. At least even if I don't have any friends from real life on JR, I consider everyone here my friend so it pays off ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found JR about a week after I got minecraft for my birthday, the main attraction back then was the ability fly that the server offered to citizens. And I believe I started becoming a regular on the forums in the following April, around the time citizen plus was introduced. I had citizen plus for a few months before I subscribed for gold membership, and then in that August I became a helper :) That's enough of my life story for today :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris said:

I found JR about a week after I got minecraft for my birthday, the main attraction back then was the ability fly that the server offered to citizens. And I believe I started becoming a regular on the forums in the following April, around the time citizen plus was introduced. I had citizen plus for a few months before I subscribed for gold membership, and then in that August I became a helper :) That's enough of my life story for today :P

And now you're an admin.. Woah! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I don't know how I can say I found JR, specifically because I created JR. But I created JR for a number of reasons.

  • I was being bullied and wanted to "rebel" against the majority of **holes
  • I wasn't doing well in school as nothing interested me in school
  • I wanted to prove to the world I could do something that would help others

I like making people smile and since I started JR we have smiled we have frowned and sometimes even cried. Relationships have been created from members meeting up from JR, which I think is amazing.

JR since I started has changed over 100 times, each time getting better and better, JR is now about games but it used to be a free for all, I'm so glad that we all have JR to turn too when we need a place to get away and relax.

I created JR because I wanted to help others, I hope I may have helped you some way in your life after you found JR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flaw said:

I'm struggling to remember how I found JR. :( I know it wasn't due to Minecraft because I didn't have Minecraft to begin with, when I first posted here.

My theory, @Flaw, is that you are a conscious but abstract being that Jamie created when he created JR, so it's normal that you don't have any early memories. You then expanded your reach to video games like Minecraft and eventually took on a real human form that fools you into thinking you've always existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mecmax said:

My theory, @Flaw, is that you are a conscious but abstract being that Jamie created when he created JR, so it's normal that you don't have any early memories. You then expanded your reach to video games like Minecraft and eventually took on a real human form that fools you into thinking you've always existed.

Ahhh, don't tell him he will go insane when he finds out his true existence and means..... :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found JR through planet minecraft if I recall correctly. I was looking for servers to play and it just so happened to be one of the ones I joined. I tried joining a few around that time and a lot of the ones that interested me (including JR) required you to register. Initially when I joined JR I think I left because I didn't like that I had to walk through a tunnel of rules. I'm not sure why but a few days later I decided to join JR again and haven't left since. 

I really stuck around for so long because of the forums and community. In my earlier days I met people like @warhawk2002 who I helped to build parts of Bay City with. I'd say it's getting involved with stuff like that, which kept me around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kyle said:

I found JR through planet minecraft if I recall correctly. I was looking for servers to play and it just so happened to be one of the ones I joined. I tried joining a few around that time and a lot of the ones that interested me (including JR) required you to register. Initially when I joined JR I think I left because I didn't like that I had to walk through a tunnel of rules. I'm not sure why but a few days later I decided to join JR again and haven't left since. 

I really stuck around for so long because of the forums and community. In my earlier days I met people like @warhawk2002 who I helped to build parts of Bay City with. I'd say it's getting involved with stuff like that, which kept me around.

I think we need to make JR a register only server to build again as I know that brought us a lot of members to begin with and it was a good anti griefing method.

What do you guys think? (I might split and move this to a new topic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kyle said:

I really stuck around for so long because of the forums and community. In my earlier days I met people like @warhawk2002 who I helped to build parts of Bay City with. I'd say it's getting involved with stuff like that, which kept me around.

Ooooo, I remember Bay City. I think I worked a tiny bit for that too, with warhawk2002. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me It all started one snowy day in December (the 5th to be exact) I stumbled and fell upon planet minecraft and went through a few servers, none really caught my attention, all seemed too simple and like they had a pattern... Then I noticed a recently updated server posted under the following of play.jrcraft.net.

Something seemed to call out to me and I decided to log in and was greeted with a large spawn and a very snow themed build with gorgeous fountains and I quickly registered from instructions given by a member/staff member who was there to meet me.... As soon as I registered I began to fall in love with the simple things that stood out, one of course being the ability to use flight from the get go... to me that was amazing and allowed me to expand on my already poor creations with even worse extensions with multiple levels. Flight only being one of the many things that I enjoyed about the server and within the first 16 hours I had ran to the bank just to cache in my last £20 to obtain the premium rank and to gain access to the vanish plugin allowing me to be a snowy ninja, to use the god mode ability and kick creeper butts like an absolute boss!! and many other things.

The main reason behind my purchase was not to be a boss, a ninja or even above others in regards to what I could do, my intention was based mainly on now having the ability to be apart of the community and assist fellow players with small tasks suck as mining, digging out land, transporting stuff for them and bouncing around the map like it was nobody's business... being nosey pretty much :P All I wanted truly was to advance my options and grow in the community to create a place I wanted to play.

Within the first week I befriended and made life long friends to this day with a lot of people including now fellow staff members such as Chris and surprisingly yes even Jamie himself along with a few staff members who are unfortunately no longer with the team due to personal complications, changes in life or other reasons ( of these members of course I will never forget each one that crafted my place here in JR each in their own way making it a learning curve and honor to have them in the community) 

Over the coming weeks my actions came to the attention of members of the staff team and I was able to strengthen friendships between each member and especially after speaking with Jamie on a personal level and creating a strong trusting friendship with him I was offered to become a member of the JR Staff Team and as you do I said yes with no hesitation, I now had a role, responsibility and most of all a challenge to myself to allow others to share the fun and excitement I had found only weeks before, to Experience the things I loved and continue to push my learning and respect for the hard work into my role :)l

Before finding JR I must admit Minecraft for me was nothing but a pass time for when I was bored, single player was becoming drained and repetitive but since then it has quickly become an annoyingly addictive way to meet people and give as much back to the social community as much as I possibly could with any power I had During My Short time doing what I do for this for the community here at JR Craft I Have went from Citizen To Senior Staff / EU Head Which for me has been the best experience I have had I'am proud to hold the title in which i do - It was a true honor to be selected for an opportunity like this and in doing so I have sure learned skills to take into further life, parent hood and day to day challenges I could never thank every single member enough for what has been put into this community weather its public on our servers or behind closed doors, the end result for me in all honesty was life changing and will forever continue to grow no matter what Although i have heard that some players are not so happy of my quick promotions, most of the others say i deserved it and all I can say is it's happened and it is now my rank and role to represent to the best that I can and I will do all that I can to prove myself good enough to hold it I aim to be as much assistance as I can and over the years I have obtained the ability to handle many different types of people and situations in which this will be used to fulfill the tasks set.

I am not talented in regards to how servers operate, nor do I have much knowledge of how to make things work or what needs to change, I look for the best in all situations and sometimes that's my weakness as well as my strength, I have been through my downs just as much as anyone else to the point I've considered leaving the team before when I truly beat myself up and I was never turned away, for that above all I hope to continue making JR a place it deserves to be and hopefully my input matters.

:) Thank You for reading :)

Kind regards
Frosty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

For me It all started one snowy day in December (the 5th to be exact) I stumbled and fell upon planet minecraft and went through a few servers, none really caught my attention, all seemed too simple and like they had a pattern... Then I noticed a recently updated server posted under the following of play.jrcraft.net.

Something seemed to call out to me and I decided to log in and was greeted with a large spawn and a very snow themed build with gorgeous fountains and I quickly registered from instructions given by a member/staff member who was there to meet me.... As soon as I registered I began to fall in love with the simple things that stood out, one of course being the ability to use flight from the get go... to me that was amazing and allowed me to expand on my already poor creations with even worse extensions with multiple levels. Flight only being one of the many things that I enjoyed about the server and within the first 16 hours I had ran to the bank just to cache in my last £20 to obtain the premium rank and to gain access to the vanish plugin allowing me to be a snowy ninja, to use the god mode ability and kick creeper butts like an absolute boss!! and many other things.

The main reason behind my purchase was not to be a boss, a ninja or even above others in regards to what I could do, my intention was based mainly on now having the ability to be apart of the community and assist fellow players with small tasks suck as mining, digging out land, transporting stuff for them and bouncing around the map like it was nobody's business... being nosey pretty much :P All I wanted truly was to advance my options and grow in the community to create a place I wanted to play.

Within the first week I befriended and made life long friends to this day with a lot of people including now fellow staff members such as Chris and surprisingly yes even Jamie himself along with a few staff members who are unfortunately no longer with the team due to personal complications, changes in life or other reasons ( of these members of course I will never forget each one that crafted my place here in JR each in their own way making it a learning curve and honor to have them in the community) 

Over the coming weeks my actions came to the attention of members of the staff team and I was able to strengthen friendships between each member and especially after speaking with Jamie on a personal level and creating a strong trusting friendship with him I was offered to become a member of the JR Staff Team and as you do I said yes with no hesitation, I now had a role, responsibility and most of all a challenge to myself to allow others to share the fun and excitement I had found only weeks before, to Experience the things I loved and continue to push my learning and respect for the hard work into my role :)l

Before finding JR I must admit Minecraft for me was nothing but a pass time for when I was bored, single player was becoming drained and repetitive but since then it has quickly become an annoyingly addictive way to meet people and give as much back to the social community as much as I possibly could with any power I had During My Short time doing what I do for this for the community here at JR Craft I Have went from Citizen To Senior Staff / EU Head Which for me has been the best experience I have had I'am proud to hold the title in which i do - It was a true honor to be selected for an opportunity like this and in doing so I have sure learned skills to take into further life, parent hood and day to day challenges I could never thank every single member enough for what has been put into this community weather its public on our servers or behind closed doors, the end result for me in all honesty was life changing and will forever continue to grow no matter what Although i have heard that some players are not so happy of my quick promotions, most of the others say i deserved it and all I can say is it's happened and it is now my rank and role to represent to the best that I can and I will do all that I can to prove myself good enough to hold it I aim to be as much assistance as I can and over the years I have obtained the ability to handle many different types of people and situations in which this will be used to fulfill the tasks set.

I am not talented in regards to how servers operate, nor do I have much knowledge of how to make things work or what needs to change, I look for the best in all situations and sometimes that's my weakness as well as my strength, I have been through my downs just as much as anyone else to the point I've considered leaving the team before when I truly beat myself up and I was never turned away, for that above all I hope to continue making JR a place it deserves to be and hopefully my input matters.

:) Thank You for reading :)

Kind regards
Frosty

I remember when you did join Frosty, I must admit, your motivation, your good looks and your friendliness just shone so you got what you deserved, I've never regret my decision!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamie said:

I remember when you did join Frosty, I must admit, your motivation, your good looks and your friendliness just shone so you got what you deserved, I've never regret my decision!

My skin was quite the handsome character I will admit ^^ and it's many faces that followed :P but thank you, hearing that back made me feel better and a private discussion with another member of the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we'll have to take a dive into the past and talk about a mate of mine, minecraft name Warmees, he let me borrow his spare account when it's name was still AbeTheMudokon then after he more or less quit gaming apart from a few rts games, he gave me the account and said if I want, I could change the name to whatever so I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR found me... literally. Me and Jamie have been mates since the first day of secondary school, and in second year (around Novemberish) Jamie came up to me and told me he wanted to create a website and wanted my help, hence Jamie's Rebellion, now JR Network, was born. 

Jamie did the vast majority of the work at the time, due to me not having any coding experience nor internet because I live in the middle of a bog, but I was essentially "PR" or something of the like and worked on the website whenever I had access to a PC.

A few years later (about 3ish), The Minecraft Beta came out and we created a server, which is where many of ye came along :P As ye know, I haven't been active in the last 4 years (give or take) mostly due to college commitments, but I'm gonna try to be more active (he says again).

What most of ye might not know, JR is what got me into computing, and the reason I did a course in Games Development, so thanks Mister James Arthur Tees for that ;) 

Batman_Dance.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A more unoriginal story here, but I remember going down PMC's servers back in the day and finding JR... The main appeal was fly mode being allowed in survival, and the comprehensive three world system: survival, hardcore, and creative (I think this happened a little later, but I loved the appeal of each world). I remember building a little house on a little island and being very happy, with a Moderator (maybe @Callum ♥, who I had the pleasure of meeting at Minecon) helping me claim the land (another great feature of JR).

I certainly have some amazing memories from JR, being able to share the excitement with my friends from school (@Mecmax and various others), along with friends formed through JR (many of which were staff members). It was back when Mumble was used instead of Skype for staff conversations so I got to listen in and get the inside scoop on what was going on.

Anyway, thank-you for all the good times, and here's to more to come :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites