Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

Could you answer some of Google's banned interview questions?

So I was going around the internet and I found this. These are questions that were designed for Google interviews but deemed too hard to give a good answer to by Google themselves. 

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/how-many-googles-banned-interview-questions-can-you-answer

The first one I recon you could have a good go at, but the moment it gets to the second one about manhole covers I think I'd be lost. I'd probably end up coming up with some rubbish story about how the manhole cover factory misinterpreted x squared manhole covers as x^2 manhole covers.

Answer to the second one

It stops the manhole covers from falling into the hole. Had this discussion many a time in maths with our teachers :P The radius of the circle is constant all the way round, so it physically can't fall through the hole. Where as WITH rectangular covers they can fall in the hole, as they don't have the same dimensions all the way around. Also no sharp edges on a circular cover.

Answer to sixth one

He got divorced, his ex-partner got near enough everything

I think these really do get some creative idea's flowing though, As if you walked in to the interview and just answered I don't know, I believe you are not creative enough for Google, I admire google for it's real community and creative presence.

Just my two cents

10 hours ago, Mecmax said:

I want to write answers, but how do I make a spoiler? I can't find anything for it.

You can just use the tags for it [ spoiler ]  [ /spoiler ] just without the spaces between the brackets and what's inside the tag (was just so it didn't display it as a spoiler box).

test

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

You can just use the tags for it [ spoiler ]  [ /spoiler ] just without the spaces between the brackets and what's inside the tag (was just so it didn't display it as a spoiler box).

Thank you! I'll put my answers soon ;)