Sign in to follow this  
Mecmax

A single chat channel - JRCraft

Hey guys,

Recently, as @ and I and others have noticed, the multiple-channels on servers can get quite annoying. New players that log onto the hub aren't welcomed unless they join a server, which they don't do that often; It's hard to track down friends that are on the server except by jumping from world to world or by communicating from the outside. 

At the moment, with the small population we have, it seems to simply cause more trouble than it does cleaning up the chat. I don't know how easy of a fix this is, but it would be great to be able to change it. 

@Jamie

Agreed. Mex, Facebookman10 (an old member returning), and I welcomed a tourist and then we found out we couldn't.

It works great for a massive-member server, but as Mex said, it's hindering things at the moment.

I agree. I think we tried to link the chats cross server initially when we first introduced multiple servers but the chat plugin we had didn't like it. I'm definitely in support of the idea though, I think it's a little off putting to new players to join a login server with no chat.

Okay, I don't mind doing this, but it'll mean we won't be able to log chat to a database anymore, I can have a chat where global is around every server, local is within a x block radius and server, so if you only want to speak to people on that server you can :)

7 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Okay, I don't mind doing this, but it'll mean we won't be able to log chat to a database anymore, I can have a chat where global is around every server, local is within a x block radius and server, so if you only want to speak to people on that server you can :)

Yeah sounds great!

Update,

This is installed, permissions are still to be fully sorted but so far so good, I will introduce a few things with the new chat plugin:

• Global chat - This is chat across all servers formatted the same
  • Trade / help / staff / admin / premium / local channels - These are joinable chat rooms, you can join them by:
    • /g - Global
    • /serv - Server that your playing on
    • /h - Help global channel
    • /t - Trade channel
    • /a - Admin Channel (only for admins)
    • /sc - Staff Channel (only for staff)
    • /p - Premium channel (only for premium users)
  • Tip system, not available fully yet but by clicking the dollar on peoples name you will be able to tip players $10
  • Nicknames will be available again soon to premium + players
  • Spamming plugin updated to work properly with chat plugin

Please note if there is bugs to file a bug report on the forums.