Creative Poll

Jamie

What do you think about creative currently?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the augmented plot land? (Land that isn't just flat and is like a survival server)

2. 2. Do you want animals on Creative?

• Yes
    • Yes and Mobs
    • No just mobs
    • None
  3. 3. Do you find the server laggy?

• Yes Tons
    • A little laggy
    • No lag at all
  4. 4. Are the creative plots big enough?

• Massive, great size
    • Too small
    • Too big
  5. 5. Do you like the current progress on making JRCraft a better server?

• Great job, well done team!
    • You need to work harder
    • No, you've changed things I don't like (please comment below if you select this)

I especially like the fact that it isn't just flat land.  I would like to see some animals and villagers.  The lots are a good size.    Is it possible to add plot markers?   I had some issues with sand and gravel blocks becoming invisible.  I had to place a block at their location so I could see them to remove them.  Overall, I like creative this way a lot more than flat land.

Rob

I think animals being put by default or not is kind of arbitrary, it might be nice to have them hanging around on unused plots. However, I think people should be able to spawn in mobs if they want, including villagers and stuff, so that they can populate their builds. For example, if someone makes a castle of some sort, they might want to put skeletons on the roof, and maybe give them armour or something. I know you can spawn in mobs using the /summon command with details that make them never despawn and with armour, I don't know if there's a more "restricted" plugin version of that. Nevertheless, I think it could be a fun thing to add, maybe staff could have permissions to use it so that citizens could ask them to spawn in for them.

• Owner

Problem with our current system is you can not just choose if you want animals to spawn manually, when you block standard spawning of mobs it blocks all spawning of mobs.

If you guys are having issues with invisible blocks and lag that will be fixed with another spigot update no doubt. 

Anyone else have any input?

I'm in favour of animals but possibly some sort of plugin that restricts the number someone can place? Not sure if there is something for that but basically it'd just be to avoid someone coming in with a group of people and filling a plot with animals and mobs - which I imagine could cause some lag, not that I've tried to test it... Other than that I love it :)

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I'm in favour of animals but possibly some sort of plugin that restricts the number someone can place? Not sure if there is something for that but basically it'd just be to avoid someone coming in with a group of people and filling a plot with animals and mobs - which I imagine could cause some lag, not that I've tried to test it... Other than that I love it :)

That's a very good point, so I think mobs should be allowed by default, and then, only staff can spawn additional ones in. Can this work, @Jamie?

On April 24, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Jamie said:

Okay, so to confirm do people want animals and mobs or just animals and we will restrict the amount that can be spawned.

From the poll, it looks like people don't want mobs. I would recommend not putting the game on peaceful though, so that people who want monsters in their plot can still have them.