Sign in to follow this  
Mecmax

Multiplayer games!

I figured JR's got to be the BEST place for a topic like this! ;) 

In three weeks time, I'm going to have all my responsibilities vanish, so my friends and I are hyped to play plenty of games this summer. On our list is minecraft (of course..), Garry's Mod, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Rust, and Dungeons 2. We're interested in playing pretty much any game that can support multiplayer, preferably cross-platform. What do you guys recommend we play? I'm also up to play small indie games, like one that I played at ComicCon two years ago, got a free version for, and have waited for the day I get a windows to play (check it out, it's called Toto Temple Deluxe). 

Insert ideas below. 

16 hours ago, Flaw said:

Does no one ever play the classics on LAN? Warcraft? Age of Empires? No love for RTS...

Oh yeah, those treasures! I used to play them when I was small, Warcraft III and Age of Empires II! I have no idea whether they would work on the computer I have right now, maybe my future windows will do the trick.

On 5/5/2016 at 11:34 AM, damsch12 said:

I dont know if you like soccer or car games :), but i suggest you try Rocket league.

Also recommend you to try Nidhogg (Indie game), is simple but entertaining.

Ah, not much :P I generally avoid those, but I know they're good for multiplayer hahah :) I just checked out Nidhogg, I'll consider getting it!

20 hours ago, Jamie said:

Command and Conquer, Stronghold Crusader I still play, Gameranger it one time if you want?

Never played those two. :P
AoE, AoM, Rise of Nations and Warcraft III was as far as I got into RTS. Then I just stopped playing games for a few years... -_-

Even if I've played some RTS games, they've always been my brother's thing. Back when we played warcraft III and AoE II, I was actually mostly into Super Mario Brothers and more platformer games on Gameboy. I still am a huge fan of those games.

How about a tower defense/FPS?, i had a great time playing Sanctum 2.

And a classic?, one that never gets boring, Worms world party?.

A puzzle game?, Portal 2 has coop puzzles

Lara croft and the guardian of light?, it has 2 player coop

Payday 2?

14 hours ago, Mecmax said:

I'd have to check out a lot of those hahah, thanks @damsch12! What games are your favourites? :) 

If you haven't played Portal you will love it, I think it's one of valves best games, it's really #1 funny and #2 puzzling :)

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

If you haven't played Portal you will love it, I think it's one of valves best games, it's really #1 funny and #2 puzzling :)

I've played it at a friend's house once or twice, but I've never played the game as a whole, which I expect to be a lot of fun :) 

Portal is soo good. I couldn't believe I'd went so long without playing it after the first time. I prefer the 2nd but the 1st game is still really good. I really need to get back into gaming tbh, haven't played a game properly in sooo long. 

Sign in to follow this