Mecmax

Why aren't you online: stuff you're up to!

I decided to make the best of something bothering me.

I love JR, and I love going on it, but I don't, which sucks. I'm sure it's the same with many of you; you're just doing other stuff, and JR doesn't come to your mind as somewhere to go to during an average day. In my case, I got a great laptop and I'm playing plenty of games (Rust and Left 4 Dead  with friends mostly, but also DOOM and Deponia by myself, with some occasional gmod and Ultimate Chicken Horse), and I'm also having an internship with a startup for a tourism website and application. I also do sports around every day. All this completes my day and annoyingly keeps me away from programming and JR, both JRcraft and JR Network (I'd still love to make the minecraft cover page though. One of you admins really should contact me for the ideal time to go online and get some saves). 

So this topic, instead of feeling guilty about not being on JR, will let you tell us what you're up to! I guess it's normal that we don't go check JR regularly if noone posts, so let's reverse that and tell each other about what we're up to!

So:

What's keeping your mind busy?

School is still on going for me, currently doing full days this week (yay D:), however since Overwatch came out me and a couple of friends have been playing that a lot. If we're playing as a group we are using the JRTX Teamspeak server because TS > Skype. 

I'm also rewatching some TV shows to relax, at the moment I am way more focused on relaxation than anything else at the moment. I personally struggle to find minecraft interesting without a group of you playing, although that can be said for me with pretty much all multiplayer games. Don't play a lot of Overwatch by myself. 

I do make an effort to check JR everyday, most of the time there isn't new content and I can't be bothered to come up with a topic, but I do like this one's idea (y)

I'm going to be putting in some time to come up with ideas for JR in the near future as it currently stands we aren't an attractive community to newcomers as we aren't all that active. I will try to apply some of the stuff I've learnt over this week at school (taken off of normal timetable for a week to do other educational activities)

Yeah, my mornings are learning Angular 2, and the rest of the day is usually just studying and relaxing in between.

I do check JR every morning... and there is no new content. I'm with Chris on this one. I would post, but not necessarily create with how things are at the moment. :P

On 7/7/2016 at 0:56 PM, SpencerCain said:

giphy.gif

also, trying to re teach myself some art related things, trying to force a lot of books into my head and waiting for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for the DS to arrive in the mail.

And now I'm trying to put more on my redbubble, I ordered one of these

13645185_1095773443801696_42577426425112

I am a dirtbag who buys his own shirts

Me being so late to reply to this is probably a good indication of when I last stopped checking the forums :P (I have checked it since my last post but not when I've had time to reply).

I've been doing quite a bit lately, I'm working again over summer so I can get money before going back to uni - this is probably taking the bulk of my time. Other than that I've been working on a couple of programming projects, the main one being my website - I'm building both a back and front end this time which I wouldn't normally do. Also trying to get out more to do stuff, which I've been relatively successful with.

Outside of that I've been watching a few tv series to relax, really hooked on Dexter atm, it's sooo good.

On 09/07/2016 at 11:47 PM, SpencerCain said:

And now I'm trying to put more on my redbubble, I ordered one of these

13645185_1095773443801696_42577426425112

I am a dirtbag who buys his own shirts

You designed that? can't blame you for buying your own shirt, looks pretty cool :)

18 hours ago, SpencerCain said:

Open Journal
I went back and got it on a notebook because I'm weak

Why don't you put the links up so we can purchase them too :) I need help designing new tshirts and merchandise for JR if you want to help and we can cut a deal ? :)

I have been diagnosed with cancer a month or so ago, been in and out of hospitial since, so i have not had time to play any games. Once I manage to get the operation done I will be going to uni for my second year so I will again be in and out of activity.

JRcraft is a good server and deserves activity. hopefully you guys will keep it sorted out and get activity back, i have some ideas on getting a few new players back ill post in the suggestions section soon

I hope that you get it all sorted quickly!!! Doesn't sound fun constantly being in and out of the hospital. It is nice to hear you have some suggestions might help us as our ideas seem to have run dry. I really do hope that you get it all sorted soon 

10 hours ago, System said:

I have been diagnosed with cancer a month or so ago, been in and out of hospitial since, so i have not had time to play any games. Once I manage to get the operation done I will be going to uni for my second year so I will again be in and out of activity.

I hope you get well soon. :(

We're rooting for you!

On 21/07/2016 at 6:27 PM, System said:

JRcraft is a good server and deserves activity. hopefully you guys will keep it sorted out and get activity back, i have some ideas on getting a few new players back ill post in the suggestions section soon

I'm guessing you're going to be ok, I really hope for the best for you. Stay strong! We'll be excited to hear about your ideas, and I'll be sure to remind you once you've gotten better!