Jamie

Pokemon GO?

So it was going to come, are you playing Pokemon GO? 
Did you officially download it? Are you still waiting for it ???

I'm not playing it officially as it's not fully out in Ireland yet but so far I have a pidgey, charmander, rattata and ghastly :) What do you have?

I was playing it while it wasn't officially out & it came out officially for on thursday. My friends and I have a spot 10 minutes from school with good pokemon and plenty of pokestops so that is where we were spending any free time we had.  I'll attach screenshots of my pokemon!

Go Team Valor!!!!

Screenshot_20160716-091114.png

Screenshot_20160716-091123.png

Screenshot_20160716-091131.png

Screenshot_20160716-091136.png

I personally haven't played it and am not planning on, but I love reading the news about the insane players who got stabbed, or crowds flooding places just to get some pokemon :P I also have enjoyed watching some of my friends play and especially seeing people in the streets play it! I think it's a great concept and definitely an amazing hype.

I downloaded it the other day, haven't really played it properly yet but planning on giving it a go tomorrow when I'm out on my bike. It seems like a really cool concept and I'm surprised nothing very similar hasn't already taken off. Looks like something that could very easily take over your life though :P

On 21/07/2016 at 11:23 PM, Chris said:

Don't go above 12mph otherwise it won't count towards hatching your eggs :)

Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to walk back to Japan once holidays are over, because airplanes are just too fast ;) 

On 23/07/2016 at 3:59 PM, Mecmax said:

Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to walk back to Japan once holidays are over, because airplanes are just too fast ;) 

Going to the Norfolk broads on a boat for a week, won't be travelling faster than 6mph... get next to no signal there 

On 25/07/2016 at 1:04 AM, Chris said:

Going to the Norfolk broads on a boat for a week, won't be travelling faster than 6mph... get next to no signal there 

that's frustrating! Hahah :) Maybe get a one of those sattelite-connected wifi routers for the trip, so you can catch all the magikarps! ;) 

I'm in Japan (home for the next month) so I'm gonna start playing in a bit and post updates ^^

What team should I join? I'm thinking instinct because 'back in the day I played pokemon Yellow rather than Red or Blue.

On 8/20/2016 at 7:27 AM, Mecmax said:

I'm in Japan (home for the next month) so I'm gonna start playing in a bit and post updates ^^

What team should I join? I'm thinking instinct because 'back in the day I played pokemon Yellow rather than Red or Blue.

Valor has the red power ranger effect of bringing in the most kids and people who are overly proud of their team and denounce other teams, mystic reacts to this by being douches to valor members regardless of the individual actions of those members, both teams seem to dislike instinct for not joining their slap fight. Instinct has a few people who are smug about not being part of this slap fight, but other than that I think they're the nicest team. They're all basically the same though.

I've finally got into it, all it took was a week long holiday to get me hooked. Didn't really have anything productive to do so catching Pokemon seemed like the best thing to do given the situation :P 

5 hours ago, SpencerCain said:

Valor has the red power ranger effect of bringing in the most kids and people who are overly proud of their team and denounce other teams, mystic react to this by being douches to valor members regardless of the individual actions of those members, both teams seem to dislike instinct for not joining their slap fight. Instinct has a few people who are smug about not being part of this slap fight, but other than that I think they're the nicest team. They're all basically the same though.

I mean I chose mystic, but you've actually analysed that pretty well. I asked some friends what team to join, one was valor, one was mystic, both said they disliked the other team, the moment I suggested joining the yellow team they lost it :P In the end I chose independently of my friends advice and chose mystic because I was more sold by what that person had to say at the gym.

Pokemon go is Pokemon gone for me haha, I was bed bound for a while and used the api thingy to explore my hometown and go on a little adventure to new york, apparently they were not happy with this and I made an appeal explaining the situation however it made no difference and i've lost interest in the game since :3 

But it's deffinelty a good idea and gave people a reason to go outside instead of hermit crabbing around the house which was good and it was free too (minus the possible microtransactions).

Issue with pokemon go is that if you had no ingress players where you lived you were screwed. It was good for the summer but interest was quickly lost. Releasing a new generation during the winter months to me doesn't seem like a smart move. At least release during the time of year where people will be likely to use it more