Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Nvidia GTX 970 Lawsuit! 20% Compensation!

The Nvidia GTX 970 is the subject of a class action lawsuit which was settled in the consumers favour for a 20% refund on the original price paid for the card. THIS IS NOT JUST FOR THE USA.

I have personally just contacted Amazon UK, and I should be receiving a refund from them. While I contacted the customer service late at night, other people in the UK have already received refunds from them. Many news sites are reporting on this also, if you live outside of the US I would recommend using google to see if you can get this refund.

18 hours ago, Mecmax said:

What happened, exactly? 

Basically false advertising, for example they took a card with 3.5gb memory and rounded the figure up to 4gb in the spec because they're basically the same number right? I read an article on it a few weeks ago:

http://gamerant.com/nvidia-settles-lawsuit-gtx-970-false-advertising/

On 21/08/2016 at 2:29 AM, Kyle said:

3.5gb memory and rounded the figure up to 4gb in the spec because they're basically the same number right?

That isn't entirely true, it was due to how that last 0.5gb was accessed. The memory on the card is broken down in 0.5GB chips, the last 0.5GB chips share the same bus I believe so when it starts using the last 0.5GB it causes some massive performance issues. Although in my time of owning my card ~1.5 years only a couple of games have ever used more than 3.5GB, and even that has only been on the odd occasion so it didn't really effect anything 

Sign in to follow this