Chris

What phone do you use and why?

I use a One Plus 2.

Reason being I had Samsung, they ALL gave me trouble. Network drop outs all the time and battery issues were the key problems for me.

I use my phone for Work, JR and Social stuff. This means I need decent internet, speed and a good battery life. I did have a HTC One m8, but unfortunately it fell down the toilet while I was cleaning it. It basically was on par to my One Plus 2, but the added addition of a fingerprint sensor was soooo handy. Unfortunately, HTC was so expensive for their new range which I think doesn't come close to One Plus. 

After my phone fell down the toilet I got a M8s from HTC on contract... All I can say is what it was the biggest pile of garbage I ever tried. Outside looked just like the HTC One M8 but the inside was running a lower processor. Hated it, was so laggy.

Back on topic, the One Plus 2 I got was second hand but had 4 GB ram and 64 GB storage. I've recently updated to nougat manually and I must say. Battery life is awesome. I get near to a day and a half charge with moderate use.

I've just upgraded to a One Plus 3T (had it for just over 24 hours, so these opinions aren't fully informed yet)

Side note: Jamie do you have the "1 + =" easter egg in the default calculator app?

So far it's been great, although I appear to have some issues with Bluetooth turning itself off so I've missed a few texts I got today. I upgraded from a Galaxy S6, I got sick of touchwiz. I'm loving the OP3T being so close to stock android. So far it's the dream stock android experience. Also the S6 limited the volume of my bluetooth headphones so much I started carrying around an aux lead just to listen to music at a decent volume using my headphones. But with my OP3T, that's non-issue apart from the fact I could seriously damage my ears because my bluetooth headphones can go really bloody loud. I've got the midnight black limited edition which only came in 128GB. The real selling point for me is the snapdragon 821, I want a high performance phone at the time of purchase so I don't have to worry about it slowing down within the next 2 years. Battery life is awesome, had it off charge for about 12 hours today, 3 hours 10 minutes screen on time and it's still reporting 4 hours left on the battery at 25%. Overall very pleased with it, definitely an upgrade from my S6 :) 

6 hours ago, SwitchShotJolt1 said:

iPhone since my whole family has it, and I can help them with what ever issues they have with the phone. 

What version of the iPhone switch. Iphones wreck my head. Being honest its a good thing they lock them down for security but also a curse. I love expandable storage lol

I use a Galaxy S6, had one for about 2 years now (nearly) and never really had a problem. Fast charging is also a saviour sometimes (though it wouldn't be needed if the battery life was longer). I hope to keep my S6 for at least another 2 years, in the past I'd change my phone every 2 years but I don't feel like I need to atm.

On 30/03/2017 at 7:16 PM, Chris said:

I've just upgraded to a One Plus 3T (had it for just over 24 hours, so these opinions aren't fully informed yet)

My friend has had one (well I think it's the 3T) for a while now and really likes it. The fast charging is even better than anything I've seen before, it's a really decent phone. Definitely don't think you could get one that good for anywhere near that price with any of the bigger brands.

I currently use the samsung galaxy S7 Edge and have been for the past year and I am looking to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and then sell my current phone. 

I am happy with the samsung galaxy as I have always been an andriod user, the devices size and screen resolution are comfortable for me and I have found no issues in regards to what it's used for, The data coverage in my area is fairly poor regardless so to make comparisons would not be accurate :)

But the look for the S8 Plus interests me and if not that device I will then be going for the LG G6 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I currently use the samsung galaxy S7 Edge and have been for the past year and I am looking to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and then sell my current phone. 

I am happy with the samsung galaxy as I have always been an andriod user, the devices size and screen resolution are comfortable for me and I have found no issues in regards to what it's used for, The data coverage in my area is fairly poor regardless so to make comparisons would not be accurate :)

But the look for the S8 Plus interests me and if not that device I will then be going for the LG G6 

I had a play with a demo that we got in to work. It's gorgeous. Really gorgeous. I won't upgrade to it as I want to save money but if you want a big screen phone with good hardware it really is worth the hype and money

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I use a Galaxy S6, had one for about 2 years now (nearly) and never really had a problem. Fast charging is also a saviour sometimes (though it wouldn't be needed if the battery life was longer). I hope to keep my S6 for at least another 2 years, in the past I'd change my phone every 2 years but I don't feel like I need to atm.

My friend has had one (well I think it's the 3T) for a while now and really likes it. The fast charging is even better than anything I've seen before, it's a really decent phone. Definitely don't think you could get one that good for anywhere near that price with any of the bigger brands.

My galaxy S6 just lost so much battery barely got through a day at school! I didn't really use fast charging with my s6 in the end because my plug broke and it was rated for different current and voltage than my other plugs. But the OnePlus 3T has an amazing battery life, and dash charging is so quick! The S6 is still certainly got a good enough spec to last a while apart from your battery is likely to get really bad. The 3T is definitely worth the price, camera doesn't really match up to other flagship devices but for the price I really can't complain :)

Edit: The camera on the OnePlus 3T is fine for taking pictures of my cats

4 hours ago, Chris said:

My galaxy S6 just lost so much battery barely got through a day at school! I didn't really use fast charging with my s6 in the end because my plug broke and it was rated for different current and voltage than my other plugs. But the OnePlus 3T has an amazing battery life, and dash charging is so quick! The S6 is still certainly got a good enough spec to last a while apart from your battery is likely to get really bad. The 3T is definitely worth the price, camera doesn't really match up to other flagship devices but for the price I really can't complain :)

Edit: The camera on the OnePlus 3T is fine for taking pictures of my cats

Yeah I have that exact problem with the battery - I've literally started bringing my charger to uni. I also got a portable charger for when I'm out, it's quite bad really :P It just about lasts if I don't bring a charger but if I wanted to stay later somewhere then it'd run out.

The only redeeming feature in terms of battery life is ultra power saving, even if I'm nearly out it adds on a significant amount extra.

iPhone 6 its the exact same as my mom's phone. It isn't the best when I got it about a year ago now. But it does what I need a phone to do, and I'm happy with it. The only thing that does annoy me with phones like this, is that they are always updating the versions of the phones so things like emojis look different or add/change them. I don't need that so I ignore the update then it pops up whenever I open my phone every now and then.

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yeah I have that exact problem with the battery - I've literally started bringing my charger to uni. I also got a portable charger for when I'm out, it's quite bad really :P It just about lasts if I don't bring a charger but if I wanted to stay later somewhere then it'd run out.

The only redeeming feature in terms of battery life is ultra power saving, even if I'm nearly out it adds on a significant amount extra.

I never used ultra power saving, it did just get me through a day provided I didn't overuse it. Which is hard when all anyone does in their free periods is play mobile games :P I started taking a portable charger with me to school but I didn't always remember it :/

I'm a little late to replying on these topics, but I use an iPhone 8 Plus currently mainly because my family has always used Apple products, and it's easier to get them because of what my dad does for his work and whatnot. I also just personally like iPhones better, but I still see why people like other devices over Apple. ;3

As this has been bumped I have a Huawei P20 Pro, honestly it's my favourite thing at the moment. The screen is huge, there's 6gb RAM 128gb storage, a sweeeet camera, it does everything I could ever ask it to do and it has a 4000mah battery so it literally lasts forever.. I recommend it if you can afford it

Also got the P20 Pro upgraded from my OnePlus 3T. Feels fairly similar tbh, very slippy though not to mention the back is a dust and fingerprint magnet. Can get nearly 2 whole days out of it with light use (3 hours screen on time). Not sure why they wasted space on on-screen navigation when you have the chin due to the fingerprint sensor (although I have gotten used to this now). The notch is barely noticeable. The screen produces good colours. Camera is pretty good (after you disable the AI that takes samsung grade pictures), I just take cat pictures though.  Overall I enjoy the phone, like how the lock screen handles notification previews if you enable face unlock. Using a combination of face unlock, fingerprint scanner and the normal passcode. Fingerprint scanner is basically instant so if I'm picking up my phone by the time I'm looking at it, it is unlocked and ready to go. 

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Feels fairly similar tbh, very slippy though not to mention the back is a dust and fingerprint magnet

Do you not have a case? I don't have that issue because I keep mine in a case (unless I'm showing it off)

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I just take cat pictures though.

I WANT CAT PICTURES

Just now, ItsJammehh said:

Do you not have a case? I don't have that issue because I keep mine in a case (unless I'm showing it off)

I'm using the transparent case that came with it. Prefer using my phone without any case or skins though, should be able to use my phone without risk of dropping it and getting it too dirty without a case though.

IMG_20180811_002154.jpg

IMG_20180813_091227.jpg

I now use a Samsung Galaxy S8. Last time I posted on this I had nothing but issues with samsung. But since I got the Galaxy S8 everything has being perfect. 

Don't think I'll update for a while. Had this phone so far for half a year I reckon I'll keep it for a few if I can.

i currently use the Razer phone which I obtained due to my partner breaking her phone and me allowing her to use my Vodafone contract which was for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (which is an amazing device) and I am also enjoying the razer phone however I will be returning to samsung galaxy S10 (or whatever they decide to call it)!

12 hours ago, IAMSNOWMAN said:

i currently use the Razer phone which I obtained due to my partner breaking her phone and me allowing her to use my Vodafone contract which was for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (which is an amazing device) and I am also enjoying the razer phone however I will be returning to samsung galaxy S10 (or whatever they decide to call it)!

Won't stick with razer phone if they brought out a new one? What do you miss from Samsung ?

On 21/8/2018 at 8:43 AM, Jamie said:

Won't stick with razer phone if they brought out a new one? What do you miss from Samsung ?

I've heard rumours about it and I am sure if they changed the screen type then absolutely as it's a little dull no matter what, Samsung for me is just something i've always found great quality in, the screen is so bright, the shape is great, I love the default launcher and stuff :)

I would like to see what they both bring to the market either Razer or Samsung.
Luckily having two contract's running makes the choice easier so I am not going to regret it to much if I make a poor choice.