Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

What do you do in life?

I thought it'd be interesting to get to know the members a bit more. So tell us, what do you do in life?

Do you work, do you game, do you go to school?

I work full time at Harvey Norman as a sales assistant and technical advisor. With my free time I work on this here website. I play guitar and love music but I also like to game in my free time.

I'm a student at Bristol, studying Computer Science. Aside from that, I do various work for the University, basically tricking unsuspecting sixth form students into thinking University is a good idea (jk, it can be a good idea). I also work part time tutoring A level maths. Outside of work stuff, I'm part of Bristol RAG which means I do a mix of promoting and helping them with events and also managing their website (badly :P).

I'm a student at my local grammar school, I am currently studying Computer Science, Physics and Maths Mechanics at A-level. I'm the first year sitting the reformed A level subjects so there isn't many past papers questions available that are like what I would have in my exams. I spend more time than I should gaming, mainly RPG games but school makes me tired, travelling on public transport doesn't help either. I also spend my time watching TV shows. I should spend more time revising but I struggle to focus at home and I'm really tired by the time I get home and have no motivation to revise. Hopefully I get the grades I need to go to university, looking at going to Plymouth University to study computer science need to achieve 3 B grades or equivalent (e.g. ABC) in my exams 

I am mainly a software engineer / system integrator at my current job. I have been working there since September 2014. We have grew from a small business doing visualisation systems with only 3 staff (including me) to approx 8 full time staff as of now. The company started in a small office space in a rural village about an hour from where I live. Then I moved into my bosses office at his house (same town). Back in Oct / Nov we moved to a shared office space in a local university with two desks, In January we moved to an office of our own which has 4 desks and a demo area for potential clients.

I came from a background in Java / MySQL but now I mainly work with .net / c# applications and MS SQL databases. During the course of this job I not only am a programmer but have gained large experience in the manufacturing workspace, from as low as machine level data aquisition to databases, learning about the various industrial protocols, visualisation systems, meeting customers, installing and comissioning solutions as well as exploring the latest and greatest IOT technologies.

Our company has distribution partners with a well known multinational German company Siemens (Industrial PC's, HMI's, Networking, Code reading and RFID) as well as Turck Banner (Wireless sensors and industrial sensors) whom are a partner with Banner Engineering, Rittal (Industrial Enclosures) and many others.

Our website -> http://www.smartfactory.ie

I am a young student. My routine is basically school, games. I've been into gaming since I was about 6 or 7 but it was nowhere near as serious as it is now. I obviously don't have a job unless you call my helper position a job. I'm in the Shifnal area and that's about it. I do enjoy going out occasionally but I'm a hermit most days :D. Kinda at that stage where I get asked "where are you planning to go in life?" but I honestly haven't got a clue. That's about it for me. I'm not that interesting

Well I've changed what I do in life now. I left retail in recent months for a job as a computer support engineer for a company that deals with Legal clients across ireland and the UK. It's rather rewarding and thankfully I have a better life due to the changes in my work times. I now work from 9 - 5:30 monday to friday. I'm off bankholidays and christmas :D