Zaranza

Weight and stacks poll

More Stacking / Less Weighting?   7 members have voted

1. 1. More Stacking / Less Weighting?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm not sure if it's only us (Vikings) since we come from another PvE server where stacks were bigger and weights were lower, but we've been struggling to farm anything properly since after a few hits you're already loaded. A few examples:

- Went for a ride with my wyvern and came back full of prime meat..... in our previous server we'd put it in the fridge, in this one we just drop it since it will be gone in a few minutes anyway.

- We had to make a second base near resources (more units, more lag) so we can farm metal, obsidian, etc, since the weight of materials is so high you can't go get a decent ammount with a flyer even if it has more than 1k in weight stat.

Short version: Can we have a poll on decreasing material weights and increase stacks? :)

Give me some feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Zaranza

5 hours ago, Zaranza said:

Hello Emma,

The stack size and item weights can be changed via server configuration (as below post), so this change wouldn't add any extra mods :)

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/98514-configure-item-stack-sizes-and-weight-via-configuration/

Unfortunately no, that is a suggestion. We are using a stacking mod currently, I will have to see if its possible to increase how much can be stacked 

- Jamie

To be completely fair i not in favor since with that the experience start to become too easy...
when id played on high stacks servers i mostly didnt need dinos at all... i could carry all by myself
theres was no struggle at all.
I up for a chalenge and i like the grinding about surviving
or the fun end up pretty quickly and get boring too fast

Shin likes this

Higher stacks would be nice but not with decreased weight. Dinos already have increased weight so you can just lvl a dino to carry whatever you need. (my fresh quetzal had 1k weight right after taming. lvling is fast as well)

Just have something with you to carry your stuff. even my ankylo alone has 2k weight (since im playing mostly alone)

The only thing, that i would love would be higher stacks to have less room wasted. Weight could even be vanilla. :P

By the way we already have increased stacks and switching mods might/will lead to lost ressources. Keep that in mind as well. ;)

Chris likes this