Jamie

Opinion on difficulty

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I want to bring more of a challenge to the server. Can I ask what everyone thinks about upping the difficulty of the server?

Interested to hear your thoughts. If people think it'd be a good idea we can make a poll for this topic.

Tbh, I like the server how it is and I really hope you not will make any changes. I don't mind not adding more mods to the servers but I would really dislike if the stats were changed. 

The only reason I'm asking about server difficulty is because I know some people want more of a challenge. I just wanted to find everyones point of view.

I think the server that will be white listed will have no mods, basic vanilla official experience with a difficulty of something like 3-4 

:D

On that as well I don't want to do anything to upset our members :D !

Oh so you're talking about a new server with different stats than ragnarok etc.?

59 minutes ago, Jamie said:

The only reason I'm asking about server difficulty is because I know some people want more of a challenge. I just wanted to find everyones point of view.

I think the server that will be white listed will have no mods, basic vanilla official experience with a difficulty of something like 3-4 

:D

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I think at a minimum you should have S+ installed, just because it makes building way less of a headache than the Vanilla structures, also S+ makes electricity a bit more worth while imo 

I am personally quite happy with the difficulty of the servers, although having admin on all of them might have something to do with that :P

59 minutes ago, Jamie said:

No difficulty in general on the servers. I wanted to make sure everyone is happy :D

Well, I am against that then. I get that people want it to be "harder" but they joined knowing how the stats were and that's how it is. I wouldn't mind a new server with low stats but not on every server. 

1 hour ago, Emma said:

Well, I am against that then. I get that people want it to be "harder" but they joined knowing how the stats were and that's how it is. I wouldn't mind a new server with low stats but not on every server. 

The whitelisted one is purely the new server.

Jamie is just trying to gauge what people think of the current difficulty of the servers and whether that should be changed

59 minutes ago, Chris said:

The whitelisted one is purely the new server.

Jamie is just trying to gauge what people think of the current difficulty of the servers and whether that should be changed

Yeah I know, that's why I commented ^^ To tell what I think of the situation

(sry for the wall of txt this turned out to be)

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the reasons for this topic. With that said I joined here with full knowledge of the settings and mods.

I've been voicing my opinions when new mods and tweaks have been suggested. All of wich would make the server way to easy. So I do not mind the settings of today, except maybe the x25 maturation. That will eventually get us so many creatures that the lag will be horrible. IMHO, lower this to about half and instead increase hatching to about the same. Same total time but less time wasted on watching a hatching timer go down. Even though its no problem just dropping the egg while you are doing whatever in Ark, then pick it up close to hatching and put it down again when ready for maturation.

Some of my thoughts in the matter in general.

- Jamie, you say " upping the difficulty ". Do you by that mean the setting in the .ini file? If so, that only raises the lvls on creatures and makes them take more time to tranq and longer to tame so it will eventually raise questions from community for better tranq's. Back to square one then. Same settings as today and lvl 600 creatures would make life more dangerous, and taming the perfect one would need some planning.

- The talk about whitelist: No server should ever be without S+. And in my personal opinion Automated ark should also be there.. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812655342 It only takes away the tedious everyday work. Doesnt really makes things easier, it just lets the player conentrate of the world around him/her instead of having to collect poop.....

Settings should be something like x2 times official (x4 vanilla that is). maybe x5 on hatching/maturation. Wild creature damage upped by 20% or so. Player lvl maybe 150-200 (It's a must to be able to get all engrams solo, could be done with extra ponts or lvls) and creature 300-500.

If Pvp then ORP is a must..

So, my very personal opinion on things. Any :) questions, just ask.

Shin

2 hours ago, Shin said:

So I do not mind the settings of today, except maybe the x25 maturation. That will eventually get us so many creatures that the lag will be horrible. IMHO, lower this to about half and instead increase hatching to about the same

I like this idea a lot, would balance the process or breading feel much more balanced :)

I'm still against lowering the maturation stat. Don't see a legit reason for it since the server is not that "big" yet with many players plus how can one find it interesting to sit and wait 6+ hours for a egg/baby to grow. I'm not talking about it being "hard". Not at all. But seriously, why decrease the stat just so you can sit and wait even longer. I can understand if it would make it harder but it wont. Just boring. 

I say we keep the servers as they are and make a new one with low stats and then people can join that server if they don't like the way the current settings are.

On 2017-6-26 at 11:05 PM, Emma said:

I'm still against lowering the maturation stat. Don't see a legit reason for it since the server is not that "big" yet with many players plus how can one find it interesting to sit and wait 6+ hours for a egg/baby to grow. I'm not talking about it being "hard". Not at all. But seriously, why decrease the stat just so you can sit and wait even longer. I can understand if it would make it harder but it wont. Just boring. 

I say we keep the servers as they are and make a new one with low stats and then people can join that server if they don't like the way the current settings are.

Spoke with LoneClaw and Nerve about this earlier and I agree it is fine how it is. We shouldn't be around constantly just to get it to mature, and be fully imprinted. It is a waste of time, the challenge should be taming the creatures in the first place, or in the instance of Wyvern eggs, getting them in the first place :)

Difficulty and server settings as they are seem fine. Only thing i would like changed is the resources respawn radius as i don't like the desert look of the base surroundings. In my opinion the mods make it way to easy (kibble station I'm looking at you now).

If we are considering starting new server I wouldn't mind nice primitive + PVP or (PVE with optional pvp) server with close to none mods (s+ and stacks only maybe ORP)