Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Ragnarok - crashing issues

Stability  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a crashing server or would you be happy to switch to another server?

• Yes, lets switch!
    • No, I'll deal with the crashing

can someone clarify how this works before i totally mess up ;o)

do we upload & download our characters each time we want to move anything across? cos if you make a new char, that'll own the downloaded stuff on the new server - apologies just done this before like this.... just want to be sure of the process 

Hey Jaimie, good on you guys for finding the problem and working on a fix as fast as that! Anyhow, I'm a little nervous to start moving my dinos without my tribemates on the account on the crashing that happens to me a lot...more so because my computer is a basic potato when it comes to games, I was wondering how transfers work and how we know which server to transfer to? I'll have to wait for my Tribe but we've never done it before so it'd be helpful to know. and can items go with us as well?

1 hour ago, Frank T Hack said:

I Understand this but i dont wanna build again 6k Foundationst and painting every s*** ....so good bye

Chris was going to make it easier to transfer things, I know it's annoying to build things again, but if we don't do this it'll keep crashing! Would you prefer a crashing server which is also unplayable?

You can use the obelisks to transfer your survivor to other servers. They also have the ability for you to transfer items and dinos I have not done it in a while but I know that it is possible in obelisks. What I suggest you doing is loading it up with the max amount of stuff you can then transfer your survivor over to the new server, grab your stuff and dinos and start building up again. If anyone wants an S+ Tek Transporter to make things go easier please message me on Discord and I'll happily give you one :)

It is always a risk with an early access game, with a modded map that isn't even finished and didn't until recently have official support. But playing Ark inherently carries a risk, more so with modded maps. We can accommodate people to make transfers easier, but there is not much else we can do due to the map having some buildings on that is causing an issue

Frank, c'mon fella, it's pants but it's the same for all of us..... if you go elsewhere you'd be starting from scratch anyway at least here you'll have the help and support of the admins and the community you know already.... you know this is a last resort but its has to happen. They're trying to sort a shitty problem best they can. stay dude and chin up ;o)

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

Frank, c'mon fella, it's pants but it's the same for all of us..... if you go elsewhere you'd be starting from scratch anyway at least here you'll have the help and support of the admins and the community you know already.... you know this is a last resort but its has to happen. They're trying to sort a s***ty problem best they can. stay dude and chin up ;o)

Man u know i love this game  (2400playing hours ) but need to do so,e anger management now....let me think about a night.

1 hour ago, Frank T Hack said:

No but i putted around 250 playing hour on the server ......so its to much to restart again and having the risk of a repeat of this.

As Chris said, it's a risk on any server. We are trying our best to accommodate everyone and make sure our servers perform well, that's why I'm paying 190 euro a month on servers. Unfortunately it is a early access game and it does add more problems. We are working our best as I said to make sure things are working a bit better.

I know it's head wrecking, for me it's more headwrecking as I don't want to have to do this, but I hope you stay around because any server could have had this issue too.

this is my current plan of how to do this..... is it total rubbish? and is there a better way ?  ;o)

This is based on using a tek transporter ;o)

- leave old char on old server
- create new char (as a temp to get things moved across)
- find a safe initial base place
- upload dinos and content from old server to new server and download with new char
- place items in pin coded storage
- when all dinos moved to new server set to unclaim in safe base area (with pin coded door)
- finally return to old server to upload orig character
- download old character onto new server and become that character

- then claim all dinos, unlock storage and replace with new
- replace base doors with new.

.....is that a good way or a crappy way? I have no idea.... ?

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

Chris was going to make it easier to transfer things, I know it's annoying to build things again, but if we don't do this it'll keep crashing! Would you prefer a crashing server which is also unplayable?

tell when its happen i come and grab one