Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Ragnarok - crashing issues

Stability  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a crashing server or would you be happy to switch to another server?

• Yes, lets switch!
    • No, I'll deal with the crashing

Hi guys,

Recently we have been having many issues with crashing on the Ragnarok servers, we believe this now to be more of a map bug than anything. 

We may have to switch maps, to do this we are looking at:

• Setting up a new server, same mods
  • Allowing it in to the cluster so you can transfer items, dinos and players
  • Removing the old server after a week.

We do not want to do this, but honestly its the only way to completely fix the issue it seems. No one else is really having a issue and we have gone through all our mods to see if any of them are clashing or causing issues.

The only reason we are doing this is server stability and to continue our server for Ragnarok we are having to do this.

Please post in the poll and if everyone agrees today ill setup the replacement server.

Jamie

59 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Hi guys,

Recently we have been having many issues with crashing on the Ragnarok servers, we believe this now to be more of a map bug than anything. 

We may have to switch maps, to do this we are looking at:

• Setting up a new server, same mods
  • Allowing it in to the cluster so you can transfer items, dinos and players
  • Removing the old server after a week.

We do not want to do this, but honestly its the only way to completely fix the issue it seems. No one else is really having a issue and we have gone through all our mods to see if any of them are clashing or causing issues.

The only reason we are doing this is server stability and to continue our server for Ragnarok we are having to do this.

Please post in the poll and if everyone agrees today ill setup the replacement server.

Jamie

do we keep our buildings and dinos ?

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

You will have to move your buildings bit by bit unfortunatley

i rater stay a bit longer ark will fix the map and update the game we can w8 for that the server crashes like once in 35 min so thats not to bad i can live with that i dont wonne build evrything again for a 'maybe its a map bug thing '     no hate but im against sry

58 minutes ago, uniPOPcorn said:

i rater stay a bit longer ark will fix the map and update the game we can w8 for that the server crashes like once in 35 min so thats not to bad i can live with that i dont wonne build evrything again for a 'maybe its a map bug thing '     no hate but im against sry

No, ARK will not fix the map. The fix is to reset the map as told to me by a few ark devs. 

1 hour ago, toxic said:

will you upgrade the obilisk so we can get more dinos trough at a time or will u keep the other server for like a couple of days so we can get the stuff moved ?

I'll see if I can upgrade the obelisk and the server will be left for a week so people can transfer to the new one

1 hour ago, gbazionis said:

I don't know much about servers. Can't you just "copy" everything to a new server. What do yo mean by "map bug"? We can't play on Ragnarok map?

The ragnarok map has something on it caused by a previous update that is causing the server to crash when you go to that area. To fix it we have to reset the map to scratch. To do this we are setting up a new server so you can transfer stuff to the new server with the obelisk so you wont loose everything. We are working hard to make this as smooth as possible. If we do not do this we will just have crash after crash.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

Great to here @gbazionis

Server shouldn't be too long!

We are testing the server now: steam://connect/vaiken.jrnetwork.net:27019/

Please come and test :D

So, i suppose we are ready to start transfering..!?!?!!?! Well done!