Mating interval rate suggestion

Do you want breeding cooldown to be shortened?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want breeding cooldown to be shortened?

So, after breeding in the server I've noticed that Mating-Interval rate (cooldown after mating the dinos) is left on the same one as the official servers. It seems to take WAY to long to be able to breed dinos again (e.g. cooldown for simple dino, such as dodo, mating cooldown is around 36 hours, which is extremely irotating). 

Haven't even tried breeding bigger and more advanced dinos (such as quetzals, giga's, etc)... but, since the better the dino, the bigger the mating cooldown, it would take even more to be able to tame then again, making breeding more or less a job and not enjoyable at all (especially with all other rates increased and this one left on normal).

My suggestion is that we decrease the Matin Interval rate so the breeding can become easier because of smaller cooldown. Not only will this help to increase our dino population, this will also make getting color mutations far easier and because of that - more common.

I've read a bit about this and it seems like many other servers have this rate set to ".16" (from our current 1.0). This will make bigger dino, such as quetzals, mating cooldown to be around 2-3 hours, which is completely reasonable, as you can't breed them every minute, but at the same time you don't need to be a slave to a game to achieve some color mutations.

To make this come true, server admin needs to change :       "MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0" to "MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.16".

I agree with shortening the time but around 10-12 hours per cycle. With three people on a two to three hour cycle mass breeding could add a ridiculous amount of entities to the server. The server may be able to handle it but people who don't have high end gaming rigs wouldn't be able to render that in. It could even crash people mid flight as they fly over a base that is mass breeding. 36 hours is far to long however 2-3 is far too short. I say with 10-12 hours people can breed enough dinos with some effort for bosses and we won't have suddenly 300+ entities on the map.  

• Owner
1 hour ago, Karmesin_ said:

I agree with shortening the time but around 10-12 hours per cycle. With three people on a two to three hour cycle mass breeding could add a ridiculous amount of entities to the server. The server may be able to handle it but people who don't have high end gaming rigs wouldn't be able to render that in. It could even crash people mid flight as they fly over a base that is mass breeding. 36 hours is far to long however 2-3 is far too short. I say with 10-12 hours people can breed enough dinos with some effort for bosses and we won't have suddenly 300+ entities on the map.  

The most intelligent post I've ever read about changing times of breeding xD I 100% agree with this. 

59 minutes ago, Chris said:

I will look into the breeding rates myself and see if I can find a compromise, I think if I set the multiplier to 0.3 it gives Argents 8 hours in between breeding. I'll take a proper look later and see what I can come up with :)

Good luck, and thanks :D

Yes you're right Chris. No one wants such load and render difficulties. I'm sure you'll come back with something. About 12 hours or more is good. I haven't cosidered the mass breeding and the entities it will add. I also don't run a high end gaming pc. It's true.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

What dino should be our "pivot", the one I will base the multiplier calculation on. What dino do we want to have a 10-12 hour breeding interval something like a Quetz or a more common dino ? 

I think our pivot should be a quetzal or sth like this. Rare dinos should have longer intervals.

I guess I have only myself to blame that I didn't write that 2-3 hours is minimum cooldown. If we're taking Quetzal as a pivot, with 0.16 maximum cooldown would be 8 hours. 

If you really want the maximum Breeding Interval to be `12 hours (for quetzal), we can use 0.25 or 0.30.

48 hour maximum Breeding Interval is too high in my opinion. Nobody is going to be breeding low-level dinos anyway (for mutations). About mass breading then, I don't think anyone will breed `20 Quetzals just to breed them. You're usually breeding to get better dino's, not the same one's other and other again.

Also, even with the normal cooldown you can spam dinos out very fast (if you leave every single baby alive, just need few females to start). Usually people breed for color/stat mutations, thus meaning that they won't leave 93% of the dinos alive anyway.

• Chris locked this topic