ARK Server  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we reset everything like suggested below?

• Yes, This is a good idea
    • No Way

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/18 at 10:12

So got a bit of a crazy idea here but I want you all to read to the end of this post before replying to it.

What is Ark's end game for PVE players ? Breeding dinos and building ? But to what end ? There is no event in the game that given enough time a player can't handle. So what if we create that end game, while ensuring maximum server stability. With the introduction of corrupted dinos in Extinction we have the perfect vehicle for PVE events to create an end-game. What I'm suggesting is every 3 months or so we have a week called "The Corruption" during this week staff will be spawning in high/over leveled corrupted dinos, starting off in the harder areas of the maps and as the week goes on it will progress into the easier areas of the maps. The tribe that survives the longest will be granted a special title for their efforts. After this week the server will be reset. We will find a way to reward players for survivng and maybe based on kills as wild dinos your tamed dinos kill are in the server logs. The rewards will be given after the server reset. This will allow us to reset the map fairly regularly to stop any issues happening, this would allow us to be fairly liberal in our mod choices without worrying too much about long term stability. To this end I think the installation of mods and the removal of mods should be completely restricted to server reset times. Of couse extenuating circumstances may mean we have to remove some mods early if they are causing significant issues.

What does everyone think of this? It would give you all something to work towards and could foster more people to make tribes together, just an idea I had earlier that could make the servers more interesting. Also if we do go this route it would allow us to use overhaul mods on the main servers such as Gaia and then remove it after 3 months. This would allow us to explore more with mods and provide you guys with a true varied end game experience.

I know this is a complete depature from what we are doing but I feel like with the opportunity we currently have in front of us it could make for a better experience on the server

54 minutes ago, Snowball said:

I do not feel this is a solution for the current problem

How so? It would always ensure the map is at a point where resets do not happen. As after map resets we get about 6 months where they don't start getting reset randomly.

55 minutes ago, Snowball said:

There is already something like this ingame, namely: PVP ;) 

JR is a PVE server not a PVP server

15 hours ago, Chris said:

How so? It would always ensure the map is at a point where resets do not happen. As after map resets we get about 6 months where they don't start getting reset randomly.

JR is a PVE server not a PVP server

Just to clarify my previous post: Because the reset is, according to you, the solution to the current problem, people are ok with the one time reset.

The problem with this is that people dont want a regular reset, atleast the ones i have spoken to (and since confirmed by Jamie).

As a side note: As one of the more active people on the JR servers I ofcourse know JR is not a pvp server but when implementing your idea, you might aswell just turn on pvp.

As users were unable to change their vote on the Poll if you'd like to change your vote to enable us to move forward please post a yes or no below and any other queries or requests in relation to this so we can move forward with a improved finalised plan

2 minutes ago, Snowball said:

- Only owned dinos (with the levels they have at the time of migrating) are given back to players.

Levels are tricky with ark when spawning dinos in, thanks to the terrible system they have in place for spawning tamed dinos

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

Levels are tricky with ark when spawning dinos in, thanks to the terrible system they have in place for spawning tamed dinos

my point is more that i would not find it fair if we start spawning in dinos far below their current levels (perfect tames etc) or that players havent ever tamed.

Rule being: player doesnt own that specific dino now? That player doesnt get 1 for free.

Im stressing this because this is the only benefit more experienced players get.

22 minutes ago, Snowball said:

my point is more that i would not find it fair if we start spawning in dinos far below their current levels (perfect tames etc) or that players havent ever tamed.

Rule being: player doesnt own that specific dino now? That player doesnt get 1 for free.

Im stressing this because this is the only benefit more experienced players get. 

We can attempt to spawn in but we can not guarantee exact like for like levelling, this is due to ARK, not us. Also in relation to this we will have to create a topic that users can put screen shots of their 5 or so chosen Dinos to keep.

In relation to the current plan half seemingly going ahead.

Could I ask what 3 mods you guys think we should have on the reset, We will start with 3 mods (as long as the management team agrees). Please let me know your thoughts on the 3 most valuable mods. We will add more in the future. Please note also we will be highly looking at these mods for any issues, if they have any issues they will not be used on JR

Whenever I spawn dinos in to replace those people have lost I make sure they are of equal level if not higher @Snowball

For the 3 mods I would suggest

Structures plus, is there any other way to build on ark?

Classic Flyers,

And a stacking mod

for me those to keep to have the minimum in a "pve":

ACM

Small ressource stack (we could avoid the mod backpack by putting another stack mod)

Classic Flyer

s+

Tek Helper

Pearl Converter

Dino Pick up

Death recovery

Super spyglass

Upgrading station

Taming sedative

More Narc & Tranq

what we do not need immediately:

Balanced Kibble

ECO's RP

Back pack

Suicide Potion (interesting to come back)

Castle kep

stargate world

treehomes

Craftable Apex (interesting to come back)

MRRadtool (interesting to come back)

Saddle Emporium

Pimp dino

Costumer Shop

Which is useless with mod s+ on the server

Stargate World

Castle Keep

TreeHomes

MRradtool

UselessBalanced Kibble, ECO's RP,

20 minutes ago, MarcusFaren said:

ACM

We don't need ACM, it's a convenience thing; that is more of  an inconvenience these days as it doesn't work 95% of the time. Also can you narrow your list of essentials down to 3 mods, we are trying to start off small to ensure maximum compabitility between the mods used.

I agree with Marcus but might i add that S+ should be exampt from the choice (thus starting with 4 mods) since this is such a well known and very highly used mod on alot of servers. This mod has been tried and tested.

If we go by my idea,, i would add More Narc & Tranq  aswell since this (in combination with marcus's modlist) will give people the best chance at rebuilding quickly.

@Jamie @Chris Where do we post proof of the 5 dinos?

Honestly, I'm happy with whatever you decide. I just want the best for our servers and our users! :D I just hope we find a way to make everyone happy, we do have these servers up and running for you guys and the fact that we are "forced" to do this, is not easy for us.

We want the best for everyone and we have these servers for you guys to enjoy! A big thanks to everyone who's been commenting on this post, and helping us come towards a solution! You guys are awesome, 

Thanks once again to everyone, I hope we find a good solution that works for everyone soon, we know how frustruating this is for you guys, but we have to do something. Thanks for being patient and stay cool 😎

I would like to express a bit of concern about the JR ARk servers. As someone that has done most of the legwork for this decision, despite not having any issues myself, i feel like there is no sence of urgency on the JR staff side.

Since the announcement on tuesday the ARK servers have been empty. Like Heaven mentioned in the post above this one, can we get this issue sorted before we lose all ARK players on this cluster?

Adding the new server and letting people start on that one while you sort the other ones would have resolved this days ago.

I have my 5 pictures for my 5 dinos. (where to post them?)
just make the level / 1.5 = basic level.

and also at the mod's level I understand the principle of starting with 3 add (maybe by month or by week

), but it's a pity that those already stable do not find themselves automatically (S+, Classic Flyer,Tek Helper, Pearl Converter, Dino Pick up, Death Recovery, Super spyglass, Upgrading station, Taming sedative, More Narc & Tranq) They are basic on a lot of server pve, It is especially this list of mod that makes me want to stay.

As soon as the server is launched. (Some players will feel frustrated, especially those playing solo).

we must also look for a mod stack that goes for all the resources of ark.

JR is purely voluntary and as such JR is not at the top of our list of priorities. Jamie has been busy with work this week and he always keeps the weekend for himself as he should to ensure he does get a life outside of JR and work. Liam I assume is working this weekend or is working weird hours which aren't allowing him to be online. I am personally dealing with University deadlines and my brother is visiting me this weekend.

We want this to be done, but we want it to be done correctly there is no point rushing something like this.

This is going to sound a bit like a rant but the post above is striking a bit of a nerve. Please keep in mind that all i want is for the ARK cluster to thrive. Something i feel this recent issue is not helping at all.

Let me start off by saying: Rushing is a non-discussion since its been almost a week... Most of the data required has been supplied by the community so far, not by the JR staff. This is ofcourse not a problem but now that action is required by the staff we hear nothing outside of a couple we are working "hard" on this issue. Something i find highly unlikely considering the responses and input.

I always liked playing at JR and the active role the admins normally had in the community. This issue has risen alot of concerns on my end and is making me rethink wether i would like to keep waiting ....

word of advice: Maybe next time make sure there is enough time on hand for a followup action when announcing something as impactfull as this.

Not trying to offend any one. I do respect people's voluntary input. But responding on a forum doenst realy take a lot of time? After dropping the issue "bomb", there is no point in playing Ark.  About the rushing part?. We are waiting nicely, and it would be nice to keep us updated?

2 hours ago, Snowball said:

Adding the new server and letting people start on that one while you sort the other ones would have resolved this days ago. 

I totally agree with Snowball. Add the new server and let us start. Cause no one knows how long we need to wait politely. Then the staff can sort the problems and we can do something aswell.

:)