Sign in to follow this  
Ravek

A hard decision

Ever since my friends invited me onto this server, I started playing on it daily, I started to learn the names of the members and staff, Learned the way that JR wants to run. I joined the server at the age of 13/14. Played on it to this very day. When I got to talking to staff often, I started wanting to help JR grown and be a better community. I would stay on all night while all the EU staff were sleeping, and take screen shots of people cursing, cheating, or griefing. (being a tattle tale) I tried everything I could to become apart of the staff. It was my dream goal to one day be wearing a red name tag in the Minecraft server under "Admin". I maybe tried too hard to become staff as I would try and beat the staff to the problem and try to fix it myself. Posted on forums to try and get activity up. I tried all I could, attended every meeting. The day came on my 16th birthday I could apply for helper. I was so happy, It took a few days for them to look over it but finally I was accepted as a Helper. I was the happiest guy alive. Then I continued to strive to work up the ranks and do my best and help the Owner, Admins, and Mods in anyway I could. When I was promoted to Grief Police at the time, was another amazing day for me, I ran around my house (literally) to get my excitement out of the way. Grief Police was later merged into Moderator, Which is where I stand. I have thought about this for many days. This might be the hardest thing I have ever had to do. There comes a point in our lives where we all must say goodbye to something, someone, or some place that we love. It's never easy. But today I must make one of those hard goodbyes, Today is the day I feel I must step down from management. There are a few reasons for this. First, my current life situation doesn't give me a whole lot of time to be active enough to help and support the server/community. Second, I joined this community for the Minecraft aspect, and as I feel the majority of the community is now past the Minecraft aspect. I feel there is not much for me to do here. Third, I don't really offer any help anymore. Everything JR as a whole needs help with from staff is either beyond my abilities or in games that I do not own or play. I will never forget this amazing time I have had here, nor will I ever leave the community. This will always be my home, staying up late talking to members and staff. Getting to know such amazing people. Everyone here has had a place in my heart since I got to know them. All the staff were so helpful and caring. I have never had bad times being here. I have always had people to rely on and count on to pick me up when I'm feeling down. I will always recommended this place to anyone as it is nothing but inspiration. So many amazing unique people. I wish I coulda done more for the server but I did what I was capable of doing. This my last post as staff at JR. I will always remember and love this place. I hope one day I will be able to bring my daughter to come play here. ❤️

People that I want to thank specifically: 

Serena,  Djexecute,  Noni,  JuggaGirl,  Chris,  harsol,  kickyabutt24,  Barbermiss,  Mrcoconut2012,  AnioNovus,  p4ck3ts3nd3r,   Risen Havoc,  UploadGFX,  Daisuke, Lightning Potatoe

People that really made an impact on me:

Sophie and Frosty. 

I am sorry if I forget anyone, there were a lot of people so many years ago that were so fun to talk to and play with. 

Most importantly thank you Jamie for making this a thing and keeping it going even in rough times. I wish I coulda done more to support financially. But thank you for making this all possible I will not forget you. 

image0.jpg

It's a sad time to see you go, But I understand exactly what you are going through personally and I understand why you have to make this choice. JR wouldn't be where it was without you, I hope you remain an active member with our community and if ever there was a time that you'd like to become staff again I will reinstate you without delay. 

While you haven't had much to do currently it's due to my fault, I'm going through quite a bit of stuff to properly run JR. I want to apologise about that. I'm not going to make this a big thing about me.

Again, thanks a million and I hope you do continue to be an active member to the JR community