Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Jr ark servers

What map should the 2nd Ark Server run?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What map should the 2nd Ark Server run?

• The Island
    • Scorched Earth
    • Aberration
    • Extinction

Hi everyone :)

JR is downscaling our hardware as currently JR is unsustainable finnacially and puts a huge burden on Jamie each month. As a result of this we will only be able to run 2 Ark Servers instead of 4. The current thinking is that we keep Ragnarok as it is the largest map and contains elements from The Island as well as Scorched Earth. As for the other server I have put a poll as to what map the community would like to see running on it. If you have an issue with us using Ragnarok for one of the servers please voice your concerns below :)

Thank you all for reading,

Chris

There is little player to develop on Ragnarok. (there are more on ragnarok than on all the server groups (but some are new players)

our biggest bases are on the island and extinction, and you ask us to choose between those precisely :(

I understand the financial worries if I did not have one too, I will already have to pay money here.

but i can only choose the island because our dinos and main resources if found.

but on extinction @heaven plays it most often ... hard to choose.
go on to extinction and the island and you will understand by seeing our work has been long.

the cluster shrinks and that's what made me come here to play :(

our tribe compose of 5 members (4 originally played since the restart @MarcusFaren @heaven @Snowball @Wraith)
still hundreds of hours that will be spoiled 😭

as they are new server we will have to start all over again?
@Chris

Tbh i would love to keep extinction been setting up a second base there at the moment :( And the island would be great. Like marcus said, Ragnarok are most new people with small bases so i would vote to keep the island and extinction. It doesnt seem fair to remove the Island or extinction. We already made a new start a few months ago. And now we have to choose wich big base we will be loosing again. We spend a lot of time to rebuild it .....  I do understand the money problems..If i had the money i would help out aswell.  Since the longest players are on ext/island. I vote to keep those 2. And maybe a bit egoïstic but let the new players restart this time?  Personally i find Ragnarok a bit boring to play on.

Let us know soon pls cause again its useless to keep building on  since one server will be removed. You cant simply, ask us die hards to start over again imo. I spend hours and hours farming and finally i am busy building. To hear it was for nothing again.. A very sad and disapointed Heaven :(. (if we realy have to start over i am thinking of leaving JR. And i dont want to leave i like JR. But this can not go on every 2 or 3 months) Btw i am playing on both ext and island.

Keep building I won't remove your structures. I'll work something out. We might only get rid of abberation to save RAM for the mean time.

I'm sorry we have to remove at least 1 of the servers. it's just very hard to afford JR. I'm working on the new servers now. Everything will be transfered over so you won't loose a thing.

On 23/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, Jamie said:

Keep building I won't remove your structures. I'll work something out. We might only get rid of abberation to save RAM for the mean time.

I'm sorry we have to remove at least 1 of the servers. it's just very hard to afford JR. I'm working on the new servers now. Everything will be transfered over so you won't loose a thing.

I go to "my survivors" and the servers do not appear.

I go to my favorites, servers do not appear.

I guess I lost everything ... @Jamie and @Chris

it's ok, just add via steam the server ip to the list of favorites, then connect to it.

@Jamie

little question,
do you have our points "JR cash", we could buy items, resources or dinos? (like a shop that rewards the time play =D)

I know it does work, but if you tell the new player that the more they play, the more gifts they will have, the more they will come =), right?

Marcusf

5 hours ago, MarcusFaren said:

@Jamie

little question,
do you have our points "JR cash", we could buy items, resources or dinos? (like a shop that rewards the time play =D)

I know it does work, but if you tell the new player that the more they play, the more gifts they will have, the more they will come =), right?

Marcusf

We wanted to do this, but currently there is no way automated possible. This is due to the way ARK is coded and there is nothing I can do about this currently :( I will look in to it again to see if anything has changed but no promises currently.

thanks to you, i know there is something similar in a mod, but "it's still a mod =("

I know I'm not the best place to say this, but I help the current players a lot (example gewoon, tribe of vlad "5players" on ragnarok) and past (example @QWERTY and @Emma).

i never ask because i am french basic. But I ask here via this message =).

is it possible to passed admin / moderator? just for ARK.
I have nothing to spawn especially (come see my vault) and level dinosaurs we are the most advanced. (I also help people by offering high level dino eggs fertilized).

yesterday on the game I was confused with a moderator (because of the level of my dinos) not that I do not like.
I recently stopped the two previous servers or I was moderator (because I play too much here = s).

finally, I spend a lot of time writing for communication.

I always offered my help, and share this forum to have a better community ARK 😃

Yours truly
Marcusf

ps: I will continue to be present for other players even if I remain a standard player.