Sign in to follow this  
drhaze2000

Taming rates

Hi all,

Since ark is a grindy game and we all know that taming high level beasts takes a looooong a** time, i'd like it if the taming rates could be bumped up a little. I know there is the taming sedative but that is not really usable early game and it still can do only so much. 

What do you guys think?

Regards, Jimmy

I'm game if everyone else is happy about it, but I don't want to be changing all the levels etc for the mean time. Let me know your suggestions on what you'd like me to up it to and I'll have a think and we will carry something out soon :)

1 - from level 90 is a very long level (increase experience gain), it should also be able to go to level 150 to get the last engram of s +, unlockable at level 135.

2 - reset the levels of the dinos to 300 for more fun.

3 - increase the difficulty because finding alpha lvl 60 (max lvl) is a miracle and they are therefore rare to have the trophy.

4 - before it was possible to take non stop mindwipe potion, now it does not work anymore. (I could only take one)
it is linked to a coding line activated.

5 - Titans once tame or Titanosaurus, after a week they die before you activate an order to avoid losing food.

6 - before the taming was in X2 now it is vanilla X1 so early even if we take small levels without sedative, it's a long theri or bronto. (many servers make X3)

all this can be adjusted without mod.
it was activated before the wipe.

@Jamie

Some settings were lost when we restarted the server as we didn't want to carry any files over and as such things like this were missed.

In regards to levels these have to be added manually from level 1 to whatever level we want to go to. These require the XP for each level as well as engram points you get for each level etc.  This isn't a very nice thing to do due to the way ark handles it. We are discussing increasing the difficulty of the servers instead of increasing the level caps