Jump to content
1 vote
Implemented

Dinowipe

  • Views: 642
  • Submitted:

Daily dinowipe maybe on restart? To properly repopulate as there are so many different dinos with the mods, and easter things are still running around

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

  • Management

I'll need convincing on this, what benefits would this bring?

As I see it a dino wipe is likely to be more of inconvenience if you are tracking a Shiny dino over the restart period, or if you are planning on taming a dino after a restart. If you are unhappy with the quality of the dinos in your area you can always kill them. I do not see a legitimate reason for this either from a gameplay or technical perspective. The easter event has just ended what's the harm in finding some easter dodos to chase a chibi you want, or finding a dino with colours that would only be otherwise obtainable through breeding?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Chris said:

I'll need convincing on this, what benefits would this bring?

As I see it a dino wipe is likely to be more of inconvenience if you are tracking a Shiny dino over the restart period, or if you are planning on taming a dino after a restart. If you are unhappy with the quality of the dinos in your area you can always kill them. I do not see a legitimate reason for this either from a gameplay or technical perspective. The easter event has just ended what's the harm in finding some easter dodos to chase a chibi you want, or finding a dino with colours that would only be otherwise obtainable through breeding?

Okay so I don't really understand your point to be honest. Most of the other public servers have this setting on and who honestly have time to go around killing 400 dinos around your base or anywhere else really. Plus you can already find the max level dinos through the transmitter (dino scan) and that dinos aren't repopulating correctly.  The easter event is over and that means you can't even place the easter eggs to get chibis or craft any in the pot so I don't really see the point in still having them around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management

You can still place eggs even though the event is over as I have done that myself on the server. Killing dinos to get one you want to spawn is just part of the game. How are dinos not repopulating correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Owner
1 minute ago, Chris said:

You can still place eggs even though the event is over as I have done that myself on the server. Killing dinos to get one you want to spawn is just part of the game. How are dinos not repopulating correctly?

I believe the dinos are over spawning causing issues. We might have to tone down some dinos spawning. This would reduce the need of having to do this every day. Maybe once a week / two weeks could help maintain the server but I do agree once a day is excessive and could cause issues as it did previously. It corrupted a map for us before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay so I am just going to drop this as there's no point in spending time coming up with a response as there's already been made a decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Owner
1 minute ago, Emma said:

Okay so I am just going to drop this as there's no point in spending time coming up with a response as there's already been made a decision. 

Emma we are debating the issue. If there is an issue which there seems to be, As a idea was added for this.

So could you help us with fixing the actual issue? I don't want to do a dino wipe every day but if there is over spawn we can sort it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Emma we are debating the issue. If there is an issue which there seems to be, As a idea was added for this.

So could you help us with fixing the actual issue? I don't want to do a dino wipe every day but if there is over spawn we can sort it.

You do not have to go in every single day and do a dino wipe, there's a setting for it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Owner
Just now, Emma said:

You do not have to go in every single day and do a dino wipe, there's a setting for it?

This is not the point. The point is to fix the overspawn if there is one and to possible do a dino wipe now and again if the population does grow too much after that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management

I don't see any issues with overspawning. Let's work on a compromise here and decide on a day and time once per week to do a wipe. I'm thinking Thursday nights, as it gives enough time before the weekend where we are likely to have more players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By continuing to use JR, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.