Hey guys, special update today. It's currently updating on our servers as we speak.
1/4 sized Ragnarok map update (the "Southwest Update") check it out here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/211287-ragnarok-dlc-patchnotes-eta-29th-august/
Also the following things were done:
- Huge perf gains, may vary based on system configuration due to upgrading to the latest Unreal Rendering code. After changing your in game settings, be sure to restart your clients!
- Tameable Titanoboas!
- New Server Option: Force Respawn of Wild Dinos on Server Restart! Enabled by default on official servers, this will force weekly respawns of dinos on all servers to prevent certain dino types (like the Basilo and Spino) from becoming depopulated on long running servers. (?ServerAutoForceRespawnWildDinosInterval=SECONDS). Note in some cases this may not work more than once, we may have solved the case but we're looking into it .
- New Server Option: Tribe Size and Alliance Size Limits! The new tribe member limit is defaulted to 70 players and the new alliance per tribe limit is defaulted to 10 on official servers (MaxAlliancesPerTribe=# and MaxTribesPerAlliance=# in Game.ini). Note: Values may be off by 1 (looking into it!), so just pick your number and then add 1 to it.
- Platform Saddles are now limited to maximum 40 saddles per tribe. Each platform saddle (with structures) counts as 19 tribe tame slots (?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=19 & ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=40).
- Eggs no longer fall through structures during rendering.
- Baby ovis should no longer fall through structures after being born.
- Players can now escape being grappled by any enemy by using tools with blades to "cut" the line.
- Turrets now have a Players Only mode which targets players riding on dinos before targetting the dino.
- Crops can now be fertilized be pressing E on them instead of having to open the inventory.
- Hatching and Gestation progress bars now include countdown timers as well as percentages.
- The structure limit is now properly indicated to the player once the limit is reached.
- Storage boxes now indicate if they are full without having to open them.
- Corrected spelling of Pulminoscorpius.
- Pump action shotgun pellets per shot increased from 10 to 12 (20% damage increase on full hit), initial spread decreased from 10 to 7.5, and max cone size at full range decreased from 100 to 75 degrees.
- Decreased the stun on humans from shocking tranq darts from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Fixed 3 exploits used to get under the world map.
- When structures or tames are deleted due to the PVE timer expiring it is now properly communicated in the tribe log.
We hope you enjoy the new update
The following changes have taken place on the PVE ark servers:
New Ragnarok - attempt to fix ACM by disabling, removing all related files then, re-adding to the active mod list
All Servers (excluding old Ragnarok) - Added the Stargate: Worlds mod following this poll
All Servers - Set up a poll for the massive backlog of suggestions we have that can be found here
Moved around the ark hub page a bit to fit the poll onto it. Sorry for changing it!
The latest ark update has just come to us, here is the log on what was fixes or updated!
Hope you are enjoying our servers
Current version: Current: v264.52
- Fixed client crash related to using the transponder.
- Fixed issue with rocket launcher in multiplayer where using the last shot caused the rocket to shoot off to the side.
- cheat destroywildinos will no longer kill creatures in the process of being tamed.
- Fixed grappling hook exploit.
- Fixed bloomquality issue when using -SM4.
- Fixed missing Redwoods terrain texture on The Center.
- Fixed in-game chat bug.
- Slight decrease to saddle armor value for tank dinos (i.e. Turtle, Bronto, Paracer, Trike, Diplo)
- 15% decrease on ghille armor durability.
- 10% damage increase to the Auto Turret.
- Slot count in industrial grill increased.
- Night Vision googles crafting and repair cost decreased.
- Gas mask crafting and repair cost decreased.
- Mammoth damage increased by 15%.
- Base stamina of Plesio greatly increased.
- Decreased Fabricated sniper rate of fire.
- Tek Grenade damage greatly increased.
- Reduced health scaling per added tame level of Thylacoleo.
- Oil Pump and Beehive now restricted to slot cap (and slot cap increased for both).
- Fixed Baby Daeodons eating too much food.
- Fixed typo with Pachyrhino Saddle
- Direbears can now harvest white/purple flowers on Scorched Earth.
- Moved to the Chem Bench to level 82.
- Titanosaur spawn on Carno Island reduced to max 1.
- Auto Turrets can no long shoot through dino gates.
- Increased the distance at which you can paint on a canvas with a paint brush.
- Canvases can now be placed on Refrigerators and on Vaults (yay pretty organization!).
- Spray Painter can now be used underwater.
- Fixed Beer Barrel decay time to proper value (was erroneously long previously).
- Auto Turret fix to protect against dive-bombing griffins.
- Fix for Tuso being able to push tames under terrain and insta-kill them.
- Lava can no longer be used to irrigate.
- Fixed spectator crash.
- Element charge is now removed from items when transferring items that consume element.
- Fixed issue where crop plot could not be placed in the Scar on Scorched Earth due to needed a "sunlit location".
- Fixed issue where Wind Turbines would function in underwater caves.
- Fixed mod issue where using mods would duplicate emotes in the emote wheel.
- Turrets will now no longer shoot your unclaimed babies (or the unclaimed babies of your allies).
- Whips can no longer be used to disarm in PVE.
- Fixed issue where Morellatops would slide around while walking and eating.
- Fixed an exploit used to get under the world map.
- Fixed issue where Rex, Giga, and Tuso would not properly loot inventories.
- Fixed an issue where equpping a saddle with a torch on it onto a dino would instantly set the torch durability to zero.
- Spyglass and GPS now usable on all underwater dinos.
- Fixed inventory issue where the inventory would display "items removed" when stacks were being completed, and no items were actually removed.
- Fixed issue where tents could not be removed from platform saddles.
- Fixed an issue where armor would become invisible when dismounting a dino on a non-dedicated server.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when mining rocks on Scorched Earth.
- GPU perf improvements
Hopefully this update will resolve a few crashing issues with clients and servers.
The latest update log is as follows:
1.0.4 is now live and should be downloaded automatically from Steam in a few minutes.
Fixed TeamViewer causing the mouse to not work
Fixed our crash handler incorrectly catching some internal windows exceptions which are not critical
Fixed players not getting removed properly from a vehicle on vehicle destruction
Fixed vehicles not getting deleted properly
Attempted to fix player incorrectly getting teleported into vehicles
Possible fix for a client crash related to steam
Added file transfer failed UI notifcation with retry button
Added reconnect button to the lost connection dialog
Filetransfer now internally retries each file up to 5 times
We fixed an issue which incorrectly sent messages that were intended for a specific player to all players
Fixed an incompatibilty issue related to steamclient.so which prevented the server from starting in some cases
Fixed AddInputHandler not working
Fixed controlling entity assignment not taking dimension into account
this caused weird behavior with vehicles when changing dimensions
Possible fix for a server crash related to destroying vehicles
Possible fix for 'rubber banding' issue
Promoted a log message from debug to warn We also updated some internal libraries (you shouldn't be affected by this)
The server has a new internal version, we will force the usage of this version for the masterlist in a few days.
While I don't think this update will fix all the crashing issues I believe it will help.
Chris and myself are still coming up with solutions. It seems only to happen when something is activated, moved or flown. We are still trying to pin down the source. Any players to replicate the crashing bug please contact me directly right away!
Latest update patch notes:
- Fixed SM4 sky
- Fixed client chat issue
- Fixed TheCenter landscape material issue